Homeowners spend an average of $376 for an A/C repair when their unit is compromised. Although this number may seem reasonable, it is quite an exuberant amount for homeowners who are on a budget and already flooded with debt. Luckily, there are many ways to keep your A/C unit working great without the need for frequent repairs and the expense that comes with professional service. Check out these easy techniques that help you keep the costs of ac repairs Palm City FL to a minimum and put them to use!
- Change the air filter to prevent excess energy consumption, damage to the air conditioning unit, and discomfort in the home. It is recommended that filters are changed monthly, though some of the newer filters can provide up to three months of usage.
- Rebates are offered with the purchase of many air conditioning units and products. Look for products that offer a rebate and take advantage of a little cashback that considerably reduces the overall costs of the job.
- Air conditioning units can and will break down and sustain damage as parts and components wear out and require replacement. When issues arise with the unit, call a professional to promptly address them before greater damage occurs.
- The ceiling fan is a great decorative accent for the home, but it can also reduce the costs of cooling, too. Turn the fan on and the air from the A/C unit will better circulate through the home. You’ll be able to raise the thermostat temperature and cut cooling costs by up to 15%!
- Go green at your home. Adding plants, trees, and shrubbery offers amazing environmental enhancements. It feels good to do your part to make a difference in this world. The excitement intensifies when you realize the addition of this greenery also adds immaculate shade that keeps your home cool when the sunshine is beating down on your home.
- Solar screens are available for homeowners who are ready to cut costs of cooling their home. The mesh-like screens are effective when placed at the west or east end of the home and absorb about 70% solar energy before the heat goes inside the home.
- If there isn’t a programmable thermostat in use in the home already, it is time to make the upgrade. These thermostats add comfort to the day but even more exciting, they keep you in control of the temperature and the amount of energy being used.
Keep A/C Repair Costs Down with These Easy Tips
Paying a repairman to come out and fix a broken down air conditioning unit is no one’s ideal way to spend their cash, but it is a part of life. But, that doesn’t signal the need to spend a ton of cash on the repair. Use the techniques above to get your A/C unit repaired by the pros at a cost that won’t send you spiraling into debt.